My photographic history Part IV

After taking some nice pictures with the Canon Powershot G10 I decided to go for a small camera with a larger sensor.
It took quite some research to find out which one would be best for me.

It seemed that the Panasonic GF1 was the best choice for me. I liked the idea of a small camera body with much larger sensor than a normal point and shoot. I also liked the idea of being able to change the lens.

So which lens should I take. By now there are some very nice lenses for the µFT system.
At the beginning I went for Panasonics 14-45mm lens. Wow as I held it in my hand my first thought was...

... so small, how cute, but can it stand up to my Nikon lenses that I used to have?

Well see for yourself. It could!






I was quite impressed what this little camera was capable of. On this trip to cologne it again was a relief of not having to carry a large DSLR body and lens with me.

Another great lens for this system is Panasonics 20mm prime. This small lens with a wide open aperture of 1.7 is great.

Combined with the GF1 I was able to take some lovely pictures.








The GF1 and the 20mm lens



I wanted more. More one the picture that is. The two lenses that I was thinking about at the time where Olympuse´s µFT 9-18mm and Panasonics 7-14. Second was just two expensive. So I went for the Olympus lens.

And what a great lens this is. So wide, so much on the picture. Suddenly there where completely new possibilities.
Best of all is is the size. So small. If I think back to my Tokina 12-24 which has the same focal lengths. Ok the Tokina is built like a brick but I can live with that.
Picture wise the Olympus is just as good as the Tokina.








After enjoying the Panasonic GF1 very much I made the mistake to read about Olympus great Jpeg engine and color rendering.

I read so much that I thought the Olympus µFT cameras must be better. So I sold my GF1 and exchanged it for the Olympus E-PL2.

More on that in my next post


Until then enjoy the pictures, drink a nice cup of tea and leave a comment if you wish.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts